Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Eating Out Today

    Monday was Family Day but the family was otherwise occupied so I had a quiet day at home. I had been out there on Saturday to babysit while Dave went to see Judy in her play. I had been to see her on Thursday while doing my bit as an usher. She did very well in her first part but was killed off at the end of the first act!

   Today I was out by 9:30 to The Estates to help set up for the RWTO lunch. I had the name tags laid out in good time and sold about 60 books at the used book table. Unfortunately, I went home with almost the same number of books as so many were donated - and there were several good reads among them. 

   The lunch was Greek salad followed by roast beef. There are always plenty of tasty, well-cooked vegetables and I managed to keep the carbs to a reasonable amount. Ice cream ball and coffee followed while we were treated to an interesting talk on financial planning (yes, it was interesting and there were plenty of intelligent questions from the audience). I learned some useful information. 

    After going home for a nap, I set off for the movie theatre around 4:00 p.m. to see "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" . What a good movie! I think it will be nominated for several awards, if I'm not mistaken.

   Just leftovers for dinner tonight, then, later, a cup of tea and a scone with homemade strawberry jam, a little treat before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment