Recipes

Translate

Monday 1 April 2024

Leftovers

    There wasn't much food left over from yesterday's Easter meal, but we barely made a dent in the wine!


   Daughter and SIL came in separate cars so both needed to be fairly abstemious. However, I wasn't driving anywhere so I was able to have a glass (or two) of my favourite Portuguese red, Toro Bravo. Oldest grandson is now old enough to imbibe but hasn't acquired a taste for wine yet, so abstained. Actually, he probably drove one of the cars home. So, for the next few days I will be forced to work my way through these two bottles. What a chore!

    Also on the table, for adding to our coffees, was a bottle of Bailey's Salted Caramel, my favourite liqueur. That will last me several weeks!

10 comments:

  1. Such a chore! Especially the salted caramel Bailey's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck in your endeavours ;) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me a call if you need any help with both of those bottles!!!! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One bottle down but you're welcome to come and help me with the Sauvignon Blanc.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think of it as decluttering! Pollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pollie. That makes me feel better about over-indulging!

      Delete
  6. Oh, the hardship!! I feel so very sorry for you. < cough >
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will struggle through the assignment and complete the chore!

      Delete