Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 2 April 2024

Whoop-te-doo!

    Big win at Bridge today! I was the second highest scorer and got the grand sum of $8. This was more than usual as we had two extra tables, which meant 40 people attended. We each pay $1 for the privilege  of being a participant so I came away $7 to the good.  Not too shabby for an afternoon's entertainment! 

   Not a very nice day, weatherwise. Heavy rain is forecast but hasn't arrived yet. It's been very windy but that seems to have died down now. I will hunker down until the storm has passed and gloat over my winnings!

10 comments:

  1. Don't spend it all in one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will all go back in the kitty.

      Delete
  2. How lovely that you got the second place win. Being up is great, means some free plays in the future.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been anywhere close to the top group. I just got a run of very good cards.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. A few good hands keep you coming back for more!

      Delete
  4. Well done! Seven days of bridge, no charge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very competitive so it was a big surprise!

      Delete
  5. My elderly aunt belonged to a Bridge Club and the best prize she ever got was the booby prize, a joint of meat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too shabby. I wouldn't have turned my nose up at that!

      Delete