Recipes

Translate

Saturday 13 April 2024

RODEO...and some new library books

 The RODEO ladies (Retired Old Dames Eating Out), part of my Probus club, were out for our monthly meeting this week. We continue to eat around the world and for "F" we naturally tried a French restaurant. It was called "Terre Rouge" and it's in Markham, ON if you want to Google it. I and several others had a Duck Confit salad with beets and fennel and it was excellent. Others (there were nine of us) had Coq au Vin, a pasta dish or a Bistro burger. They all looked yummy.

   I had missed the March outing to the Irish pub (E for Eire) as it was on a Wednesday which is when I volunteer at the Seniors' Centre and I will miss May's for the same reason. It is to be at a Greek place that I haven't visited before so I am sorry to miss it.

   I have finally been getting reserved books from the library so here's what I'm reading at the moment:


   I just finished the Ann Patchett book and have suggested it for next year's book club list. I see someone else has recommended the Lisa Jewell book, too.


   This is next month's book which I have just started and can't wait to see what the discussion questions will be as I have lots of questions of my own about it. Its focus is on genealogy and DNA testing which I am very interested in. I have a genealogy site (Tribal Pages) with over 2000 family connections so this book is right up my alley!

    It has just occurred to me to wonder why so many of my posts are about food!

10 comments:

  1. I like your food posts - don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may seem like it but I don't eat out all that often.

      Delete
  2. Love your food posts. Food is the staff of life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of eating around the world. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get to try cuisines that we normally wouldn't try.

      Delete
  4. Your salad sounds delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never had Duck Confit before. It was delicious!

      Delete
  5. As an Irish citizen I wonder what the menu for Eire would be 🤣
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably heavy on potatoes and sausages! I`ll check out the menu online.

    ReplyDelete