Recipes

Translate

Sunday 31 March 2024

Family Time

 Happy Easter, one and all! I had the family over for lunch, just the usual crew, and we started the meal with Butternut Squash soup followed by a a roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes and asparagus, all of which were delicious. The six of us finished the whole leg as two of the teenagers are big meat eaters. 

    I didn't take any photos as things got a bit hectic just before I served the meal - trying to co-ordinate things so everything would be ready and hot at the same time. Not my best talent. And then a friend dropped by just as I was making the gravy. However, everything got on the table and  consumed in record time.

   Judy brought a strawberry cheesecake for dessert and at least there was a slice of that left which I will have anon!

   Now it is all cleared away (thank goodness for the dish washer) and I can relax for the rest of the evening. I think I will be early to bed as I missed my afternoon nap. Tomorrow is another holiday so nothing in the plans and I will have plenty of time to recover.

8 comments:

  1. Your meal sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to celebrate the Easter weekend, with family. Yes at times of big gatherings it is wonderful to have a dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use it a couple of times a year>

      Delete
  3. I also love lamb, and your meal sounds as if it was delicious. Lovely header, my lily flowers are just opening up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a present from the family. Hope they last a while then I will plant them outside.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, and the same to you.

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter a tiny bit belated. It sounds like you had a lovely get together.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete