Recipes

Translate

Saturday 23 March 2024

Winter's Last Blast

    At least I hope it is! We were supposed to get 15cms. but I think it was a bit less. Daughter came over early and shovelled my driveway - I had been planning to let it just melt - but it's nice to be able to get in and out of the garage. She had just dropped younger grandson at his (indoor) baseball practice and had an hour or so to kill so she made quick work of it.



   It was bright and sunny today so I got my walk in before lunch. I couldn't walk by the ravine as the path was not cleared but the sidewalks were fine. Luckily I hadn't put away my winter boots as I definitely needed them for good traction.

   The sun has shone all day and the snow is already melting. Hopefully there is no more in the forecast, I'm ready for Spring!

10 comments:

  1. It's been very chilly here, this weekend, but the snow remained higher up on the fells.
    Roll on spring! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very pretty in the sunshine but I am sure you won't be sad to see it go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. More of the same today. I tried sitting outside but it was too chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy when our weather forecast changed. However getting up this morning to snow falling that was not forecasted, was a major downer.

    Glad your driveway is cleared out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope none of the snow you're experiencing is headed our way.

      Delete
  5. We had some heavy squalls on Friday, no accumulation to speak of and now today, (Sunday) it is all melted. Hope yours disappears soon. It is time for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed the temperature is on the way up and the cold wind will head elsewhere!

      Delete
  6. The groundhog, Willie, lied to us! (col) I was out on Wednesday commenting to old man winter "you had your chance 4 months ago, now go". Thankfully the sunshine is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here but the temps. are not rising fast enough for me!

    ReplyDelete