Recipes

Translate

Thursday 7 March 2024

Breaking the (Weather) Record

     Since my last post when we had our only snow fall in February, it has been decidedly un-wintery here. Yesterday was the warmest March 6 on record, one of many records broken this winter. Today is still wonderfully mild and sunny but not quite as warm. Still had on my light jacket though!

    This morning I was off to Yoga bright and early so got my stretches in and home by 10:30. After some chores I spent an hour in the garden doing the first clean up of the borders. Things are beginning to sprout but it will be some time until we actually see any Spring flowers. No buds on the trees yet either.

   After lunch it was book club and what a lively discussion we had! The book under discussion was "Spare" by Prince Harry. We had to keep reminding each other it was just his side of things but it certainly isn't very complimentary towards the Royals. And then the press, my goodness what a bunch of ne'er-do-wells!! While the majority of the group had some sympathy for Harry and Meghan, the consensus was that baring all was not the smartest thing to do. I'd be interested to hear some views from his homeland. 

10 comments:

  1. The weather certainly has been spring like, we spent some time picking up all the twigs & branches that came off during the storms of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful weather for sure, the buds on the maple trees here are quite visible. I have just finished reading "Spare". I agree, it is just his side of the story, and the press certainly hounded both him and Meghan. The other side of the story would also be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Charles or William will come out with their own biography to set the record straight!

      Delete
  3. Here in the UK Harry and Meghan haven't done themselves any favours and he was booed when he came for his Father's Coronation. America can keep them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel some sympathy for them after their treatment by the press.

      Delete
  4. I decided to watch the Harry and Meghan documentary on Netflix. I'm glad I did because I was very anti them before watching. If what is portrayed in the documentary is true, then they have been very hard done by and I ended up having a certain amount of sympathy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure what I believe anymore. I do not think that Prince Harry did himself any favours by producing the book. I need to hear both sides of the story. I do know one minute it was made out to be Prince Philip that was concerned about the colour of the babies skin and the next minute it was the Princess of Wales.... I actually think that if Harry and Megan stepped back from the family that they should keep quiet and do what they set out to do. Meaning not rely on the connection.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been so much "he said....she said..." that I don't know who to beleive!

      Delete