Recipes

Translate

Monday 27 November 2023

On the Go

    A snow squall this morning but no accumulation on the ground which is still not frozen. However, it is a sign of what's in store for us soon. Some years we can get through December without snow which is a definite bonus!

    I had an early start as the tickets for the Seniors Christmas lunch at the Mandarin buffet restaurant went on sale this morning. I was there by 8:30 as I had another place to be later and managed to snag one of the first tickets. They sell out really fast as they are subsidized by the Executive of the Centre and are a really good deal. More on that later. 

    Then it was off to Hava Java for coffee and a muffin. We had a good turnout and much good conversation. We won't be meeting again until January as people are so busy or on vacation in December so there were lots of Christmas wishes despite still being November.

   On my way back I stopped at the other community centre to pick up an application for the room we use for the Knitters group. Our current rental agreement runs out next month so, hopefully, we will get the room from January to June of next year. We just use it once a month but it has lots of cupboard space to stow our supplies in between meetings. 

    Next stop was back to the seniors centre (and, yes, the tickets were almost all gone as we suspected) for an afternoon of Bridge. My partner and I had terrible cards (or played really badly) as the other pair won all three rubbers. Luckily no money changed hands!

8 comments:

  1. You are greeting snow and I am sitting here with perspiration dripping off me! A bit too early for both, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have very little snow left from the big blast we got a while back. I am hopeful that nothing spoils the sons trips home for Christmas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have your family all together for Christmas.

      Delete
  3. We are forecast snow at the weekend. I don't think there will be a lot. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What we had is now gone. We had 7C today and I was out cutting the grass.

      Delete
  4. It certainly pays to get there early for the luncheon tickets. Thankfully the snow we got wasn't much; I am dreading the thoughts of more as it really curtails my comfort of driving in it. Better luck in the next round of Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, MaryLou. I played better on Tuesday and won $3. Driving on slippery roads makes me nervous but I do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete