Recipes

Translate

Thursday 29 September 2022

A Busy Couple of Weeks

    I had to go back to my calendar to remind myself all that has happened recently.


  Last week I was out at meetings followed by lunch on Wednesday and Thursday. This week there was a bus trip on Tuesday to Niagara-on-the-Lake for some shopping therapy, a rather swanky lunch and a theatre show. It was "Damn Yankees" and was an excellent production. The choreography and performers were fantastic. Unfortunately I forgot my camera but took some photos with my phone so will try to upload them.  NOTL is a very scenic town and was thronged with tourists even at this time of the year, many from across the Niagara River in the U.S.

   On Wednesday I had to go for my driving test - it's a group written test (very simple) to make sure we are still fit to drive as we reach the grand old age of (gulp) 80! Today I had to stand in line for an hour to get my driving license validated and I got my vehicle registration renewed at the same time. So that's done for the next two years.

   So a pretty busy week or two as we are still playing tennis a couple of times a week, and Bridge club and my evening dance groups are getting going. Masks are still required for most activities but I have noticed people are a bit more relaxed about wearing them all the time.

   Things should be a little quieter in October although Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en are coming up. Nothing like having a busy schedule to make time fly!

10 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I always had you at around my age (66). I can't believe you're pushing 80! Congrats on the drivers licence. Although I can't quite see how a written test proves you can drive. At least you have that. In my state there is nothing. You get your licence at 18 and, short of blowing it by being stupid, you can still drive at 101 without even an eye check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe even by myself but it's true! There was an eye exam as well. The test was to make sure we still had all our faculties.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a busy calendar - things are speeding up here as we start the slippery slpoe down to Christmas! Gosh I cannot believe you are approaching 80 - have I read this correctly??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sad but true. I don't feel 80. It has sort of crept up on me!

      Delete
  3. Phew what a relief passing your driver's re-testing. NOTL is one of my favourite places to visit, it such a pretty village/town. Hopefully with some sunny warmer days you'll get more tennis in before the nets are down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit worried (can't think why) but a friend had to do a road test as she had a recent ticket for making an illegal turn. I always enjoy a day in NOTL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved visiting Niagara On The Lake growing up. Beautiful area of Ontario.
    You certainly were busy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of Wineries down there but we didn't get to visit any this trip. Maybe next time!

      Delete
  6. Having such a full calendar does make the days fly by. How exactly did it get to be October already. Wishing you the perfect mix of activity and rest. Add me to the list of those shocked that number is as high as 80.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Suzanne. I, too, am shocked by thr high number. Granddaughter told me I just have to live another 16 years to be as old as the Queen when she died!

    ReplyDelete