Recipes

Translate

Monday 3 October 2022

They had to go.....

 ....the nasturtiums, that is. We had almost frost last night and there's nothing worse than having to dispose of slimy frosted nasturtiums. Tonight's overnight temperature is set to be 3C, so pretty close to freezing.



   So, now they are in the composter. They did really well this year.

   Yesterday some of the family came over with Birthday cake, carrot cake and yummy cream cheese frosting. I still have more in the fridge.


Can't remember what was so funny!


Blowing out the candle. We could only find one!


The rest will go home to the boys who missed the ceremony. I kept a sizeable chunk.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! What a lovely cake. I love nasturtiums. They pop up in odd places and add a spot of colour. The leaves are delicious in an egg sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard you can also eat the little seed pods.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday. Love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The cake was delicious!

      Delete
  3. It looks like a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also got some theatre tickets and chocolates.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. I usually try to ignore my birthday but this was a big milestone.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting - oh yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a definite favourite in our family!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, lovely lady. That cake photo made my mouth water, it looks so delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a really nice day all told!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday -- cake and laughter, a perfect birthday combo.

    ReplyDelete