Recipes

Translate

Thursday 27 October 2022

Thirteen Thousand Steps!

    We were locked out at tennis today - damaged padlock replaced overnight but we didn't get the notification in time and didn't know who to contact so we walked instead. Later (after coffee and a snack) I had another long walk and have kept the step counter in my pocket ever since. I was quite surprised and pleased by the total. My daily average is around 4,500 so that is a big jump! Seemingly 13,182 steps translates into 6.8 kms. I was sore by the time I got home and needed a nap after lunch.

   I was invited for a meal at a Chef's house last weekend. The meal was fabulous, several small plates - just wish I had taken photos as each one looked so inviting. He used to own a restaurant but now just cooks for small groups in his home in a very professional looking kitchen.    

    The meal started with potato and coconut milk soup. Next came a seafood sampler featuring scallop, shrimp and calamari, all seriously tasty. Then a spinach, fennel and mandarin salad. Finally, pork belly and greens. Each course was small but full of flavour. There was a caramelized apple in cream on a pastry crust for dessert but by that time I was so stuffed I just nibbled at it. There were lots of special touches such as basil oil and a roasted artichoke slice on the soup. I would highly recommend the whole meal!

   Frost is forecast for tonight so I mulched my tender plants this afternoon and picked the last of the parsley which was very abundant this year. Some of it will be a topping on my fish tonight and I will make pesto with the rest to save in the freezer.  Also brought in my rosemary plant to use over the winter. Time to batten down the hatches!

   

   

10 comments:

  1. Your meal sounded delicious. A tasty treat.
    Well done on your step count. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I haven't even made it to 4,000!

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of steps in one day. What a lovely treat to enjoy such a meal. Was it more expensive ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it was but I was treated to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meal sounds wonderful. Congrats on all those steps.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, some days I have more energy than others.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely way to eat out. I hope winter is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a fun evening, for sure. The next five months will be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for 13,000 steps - WOW! Those small plates sound seriously "cheffy" as well as "yummy."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot one - a pasta dish with the best Parmesan cheese I have ever tasted!

      Delete