Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 19 October 2022

Feels Like Winter is Approaching

 So cold - not ready for this wintery weather yet! Tomorrow we had planned to play tennis (won't be long until it is over) but the morning temperature is forecast to be 2C! Stay tuned to see if we make it onto the courts. It should warm up a bit on the weekend so we may get a good game on Sunday.

   Yesterday was busy - I was out early to set up at our first monthly Retired Women Teachers lunch, but I didn't stay as I was also booked for a lunch and Travelogue (Myanmar which was formally Burma) at another location. It was very well done with a beautiful slide show and video presentation following a light lunch.

   Today was a bit quieter - my Fitness class at 10:15 a.m. at the Seniors Centre, then serving coffee and snacks in the kitchen. Luckily I took a book to read as I didn't have many customers. Since lockdown the management have had trouble staffing the kitchen and it's often closed so I think people have got out of the habit of eating there or even staying after class for a coffee and cookie. It's the best deal in town as the coffee and cookie is $1 and a hot pie (with ketchup if you want it) is $1.50! They occasionally have burgers and salad for $5 but I missed the last barbecue. They do treat their Seniors well!

   I had my tennis friends over for brunch last Sunday, counterclockwise from the right, Susan, Kathy, Cathy and Frank (Cathy's husband, AKA Francine when he plays with the ladies). I served way too much food so have been eating leftovers ever since!




Cathy brought the devilled eggs. We also had apple pie with ice cream and coconut tarts from Cathy and Susan for "afters".

11 comments:

  1. Sorry, Blogger won't let me go back and make changes, but Kathy brought the devilled eggs, her speciality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2C sounds pretty chilly - I guess you must have had some frosts by now too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a frosty morning. We didn't play!

      Delete
  3. What a fun afternoon to have guests for brunch. It is difficult for many businesses to get staff & to have staff you can rely on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all volunteers. The regulars are still coming but it's hard to get new people.

      Delete
  4. With those temps, it does sound like tennis should be ending. Sunday brunch sounds lovely; deviled eggs and coconut tarts would be a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourites too. I also made sausage rolls which were popular - none of them left!

      Delete
  5. I love devilled eggs. My mother in law used to make them at Christmas.
    Your brunch sounds delicious. Is Francine a good player?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have to as him/her to go easy on us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't made deviled eggs in a very long time. Must make some soon. We are supposed to get snow on Monday. I think winter has begun on the prairies.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely here today and the same for tomorrow. Can't think about snow yet!

      Delete