Recipes

Translate

Sunday 25 September 2022

Changes

    The weather has definitely turned autumnal. We've had rain, off and on, all day today and temperatures didn't get much above the mid 'teens. I brought in the last of my indoor plants that have been summering on my front porch. They have done well and look great for their holiday outdoors!

   I've also pulled up all but one of my tomato plants. They didn't do too well with the extreme heat this summer so no green tomato chutney this year. It's time to start putting the garden to bed but first I must fertilize the lawn and maybe put down some seed to cover the brown spots.

   Most of my winter activities are starting up this week so I have a busy few days ahead. We didn't get on the tennis court this morning because of the rain but we should get a few more games in before the nets come down next month. One year we kept playing into November!

5 comments:

  1. You really do prepare for winter. I guess you have to. I am looking forward to reading about it. It will help keep me cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sad time of year having to empty pots of annuals, cover the pool, tidy up the garden. I think the extreme heat affected a lot of plants & trees this year. Fingers crossed that the weather gives us a second wind of warmer weather that keep the nets up longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tomatoes in my garden did not do well either, so they will be coming out shortly. The weather is suppose to improve later this week, time to get in t he garden to clean up for Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the weather turns cooler, I keep thinking I will need to bring my lemon plants indoors very soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have dumped a couple of my plants and brought a few more in the house to winter (hoping the Hibiscus do well). Still need to pick yet more tomatoes, pumpkins and a few eggplants. I think that tonight or tomorrow will be the last harvest from the garden and other then the potatoes everything else can be pulled.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete