Recipes

Translate

Saturday 10 September 2022

Sad and Happy

    Thinking back the other day to Queen Elizabeth's coronation. I was 9 years old and loved the pomp and ceremony. There will be much ceremony around her funeral but of a very different sort, remembering her long and faithful service to the country and Commonwealth.

   On a happier note - it has stayed very warm here and I have been swimming the last two days. I usually don't get in the pool much come September. Maybe this year will be the exception. The closing is booked for September 20 so I still have several more opportunities to get in.

8 comments:

  1. Her death is giving rise to a lot of reminiscing. There is sense of quiet reflection.
    Is it your pool that is booked for closure? What does that entail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pool guys will come and drain it below the skimmer, then put the cover on.

      Delete
  2. I also was telling family what I remember doing when the coronation took place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her Coronation took place 3 years before I was born, but I have seen it on the television. Even at such a young age she had an innate dignity.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a remarkable woman and a remarkable life.

      Delete
  4. I hope you can get in a daily swim between now & the 20th. I am so glad we are able to get so much coverage of the ceremonies & events taking place as King Charles III ascends the throne. I will be watching the funeral on the 19th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No swim today - too wet! Yes, I plan to do the same.

    ReplyDelete