Recipes

Translate

Saturday 16 April 2022

Yoga and Some Shopping

    As luck would have it, I managed to register for the Yoga class at the Seniors' Centre this session. These classes are extremely popular as they are free and the teacher, Jai, is excellent. I have been to two classes so far and although it has stretched me beyond what I thought I was capable of, it has been enjoyable. The balance poses are the hardest but this week I managed to hold them for a few seconds - a definite improvement on last week. I even managed a (somewhat) shoulder stand! I'm sure I will keep improving.

   On Friday, when most places were closed, I went to the Garden Centre and made some good purchases. I really wanted to see if they had any early Kale as I missed it last year, but not yet. However, there were lots of other things.


   Some pansies for the front porch.


A couple of primulas to fill in the front border while I await the arrival of the tulips. They are slow this year, no buds showing yet.


...... and a new Spring wreath for my front door. This was a bit of a splurge but it is to replace the one I have used for many years which has gotten decidedly dowdy. I may even have had it in my previous house and I've been here 24 years!

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your garden centers are open and have bedding plants to use. Here they are still closed (though a couple of greenhouses were going to open this weekend). Now with the blizzard and what seems to be another snow event arriving tonight, I doubt that we will be seeing greenhouses open for awhile yet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had frost last night but the flowers seem to have survived. Hope you get some nicer weather soon.

      Delete
  2. I find balance tricky too - I'm sure the classes will improve it no end. That's a beautiful spring wreath. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed a slight difference even after two classes.

      Delete
  3. The spring wreath is beautiful.
    Well done on getting signed up for a yoga class. I'm sure you'll soon feel the benefit. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried yoga before but am determined to persevere this time.

      Delete
  4. Nice flowers the bring some colour to your garden. Lovely Spring wreath.
    Have a wonderful Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been nice but now the family have gone I feel depleted (probably too much wine). An early night, I think!

      Delete
  5. Maybe I need to look at yoga. I was doing tai chi classes before you know what but I really need to work on my balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has really helped me - it's very calming and good for balance.

      Delete
  6. I like your pot of pansies, such cheerful little faces to greet you at the door. OH MY that wreath is absolutely stunning - a perfect find, I want one too! I have been given all kinds of balancing exercises to help with my vertigo, although I don't think yoga standards :) Hopefully your little primroses will survive that forecast of 8cm of snow this afternoon (Monday)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far they are fine although it is snowing now. I got the wreath at Sheridan Garden Centre. Do you have one near you?

    ReplyDelete