Recipes

Translate

Saturday 23 April 2022

Golden Sunshine (not the heavenly sort)

     I worked through my tax return today and it looks like I may get a small refund. I just have to double check all the figures and make sure I haven't missed any deductions. At least it keeps my brain active!

    This afternoon, in order to take a break, I made some marmalade. It's an unusual recipe I got from a TV show (Nigella Lawson for those foodies out there) and it requires the oranges to be boiled whole for two hours until they are quite soft. I did that part yesterday. Today I just had to slice them thinly and boil with sugar. I did use a packet of pectin as I have had trouble getting marmalade to set in the past. It seems to be quite firm.


    This was from three oranges and a kilo of sugar. Can't wait to try it!

14 comments:

  1. That marmalade recipe is intriguing! Let us know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try some with my breakfast tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Good for you getting marmalade made and to set.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home-made marmalade and a from a Nigella recipe. Be still my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should last me a couple of weeks (I spread it thickly on my toast)!

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious and easy to boot. Will need to try that as I do like marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only tricky part was I almost let the oranges boil dry! May have added a slightly burnt flavour!

      Delete
  5. Your marmalade looks wonderful. It really does look just like golden sunshine!

    With love from,
    Kelly (Mrs. Kiwi)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess you are from "down under" and going into autumn.

      Delete
  6. Oh your marmalade looks delicious. I must look up Nigella's recipe, it seems straight forward :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't published in any of her books but let me know if you find it.

      Delete
  7. Delicious marmalade. I missed making mine this year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the Seville oranges. These were just regular oranges.

      Delete