Recipes

Translate

Monday 18 April 2022

What the.....?

 Just stuck my nose out the door and was  greeted with this.....


Yes, it's snowing and quite heavily! I will have to be careful driving to my dancing class tonight!

    This was supposed to be a quiet, restful day after having the family over yesterday for Easter lunch, but it turned out to be quite packed. The morning started with clearing the dishwasher and coping with all the greasy pots left over from the lunch. After a cold, windy walk I got bread started in the bread machine. 

   After lunch and a nap I got out what I needed to complete my tax return. I only got as far as establishing my net income for 2021 before my brain begged for a break so I stopped for a glass of wine and some nibbles. Then it was time to start a batch of yogurt in the InstaPot and it will work its magic overnight. I'll finish my tax return in the next few days. No need to overdo it as it's not due until April30th.

   Jay (the arborist) called to say he will come tomorrow to take down some of the overgrown trees at my front. I think the snow may make him reconsider, though! The permit is in for the Spruce in my back yard but it won't be approved for a few weeks yet. I have postponed my pool opening until June in the hope the tree will be down before then. 

11 comments:

  1. We actually have sun here in the southeast corner of Saskatchewan, but according to the weather another snow event is coming from Montana this weekend. Supposedly another 15 or more centimeters of snow should be arriving. I think we have more snow now than we had the last few winters.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this weather unusual for April where you are? It certainly is here.

      Delete
  2. Your weather is crazy and your day was certainly busy. I hope your dance class was enjoyable and the drive wasn't too challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drive wasn't too bad, just sloppy. But the class was cancelled and only three of us didn't get the notice!

      Delete
  3. That must have been a surprise. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite unexpected and it's hanging around for another day or two. My dance class was cancelled as well as my fitness class tomorrow (that one is illness I suspect) so I will have to get in some exercise on my own this week.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly. I've had enough of the white stuff!

      Delete
  5. We Ontarian bloggers are all posting similar this morning :) Thankfully we are use to these spring storms ... I was so glad the driveway didn't need shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still pretty miserable here. My new plants took a beating.

      Delete
  6. Yuck! Snow and taxes. No wonder you resorted to wine and nibbles. ;-) Good luck with the trees, as I am sure looking forward to the pool is especially uplifting these days.

    ReplyDelete