Recipes

Translate

Friday 8 April 2022

Injured!

     A couple of weeks ago I slipped on the last of the ice and jammed my finger to break my fall. It was swollen for a few days but, when the swelling went down I noticed that the top joint was "wobbly". A friend who is a retired nurse took one look at it and said it needed to be seen by a doctor. Unfortunately my family doctor's office is closed until next week and my local walk-in clinic is no longer "walk-in" and just doing phone consultations!

    My friend suggested a finger splint so I managed to track one down. I have my doubts on its effectivity but will wear it until I can see the doctor. 


   It is making everything very awkward from brushing my teeth, combing my hair etc. to peeling vegetables and washing dishes. I didn't realize important all my fingers are, especially as it is on my dominant hand (my left). Hope it is healed before we start to play tennis!

13 comments:

  1. Ouch. Fingers crossed (haha) you get in to see a doctor soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure she is doing in-person consultations but maybe she will send me to someone who will.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear I hope the damage can be minimized by the splint. I do understand how awkward it is to do anything while wearing it though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The splint's not helping much. I tried taping it which was a bit better.

      Delete
  3. Yikes! hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like it to be better before we start playing tennis.

      Delete
  4. Goodness! A week seems a long time to have to wait to get an injury like that checked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not painful but doesn't seem to be healing by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Hope you can seek medical help soon, that seems like a long time to wait. 'W"e don't realize how important our fingers and thumbs are until we cannot use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Pat. I may have to give up playing the piano!

      Delete
  7. I do hope you can get to see the doctor as soon as to have that finger looked after. Tennis season will soon be upon you & you need to be in fighting form.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I hope you get seen by a doctor very soon. X

    ReplyDelete