Recipes

Translate

Monday 4 April 2022

A First and a Last

    The first meeting of the Knitters and Crafters this morning, since March 2020. Not a great turnout, we are all seniors and I think some are still reluctant to meet indoors. I managed to get rid of some of the yarn that has been cluttering my basement storage area, and Pat took some Twiddlemuffs to distribute to LTC homes that she visits.

   The "last" is the last of me wearing winter boots. They have gone into storage until next November and am I glad to see the back of them!



    The tall ones are for when I have to shovel deep snow. The brown ones  on the left are for winter walks as they have a good tread. The black ones on the right are for wading through slush when I'm at the mall. If I need any sturdy, waterproof footwear between now and November it will have to be my old trainers!


16 comments:

  1. I just put away my winter boots, and my cleated runners as well. Hoping for rain here, the snow can stay far away now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. April showers and all that, eh!

      Delete
  2. Summer sandals and winter sneakers is about the level of it here. And maybe a pair or two of dressy boots!
    I have to ask - what is a twiddlemuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a decorated muff for people with dementia or Alzheimers, to keep their hands occupied. You can Google it to find out more. We have made dozens and taken them to LTC homes.

      Delete
  3. I am happy to not own a pair of boots! I do have a fine collection of flip flops and water shoes. Your boot collection is quite practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have seen me through many rough times but I would be happy not to have to ever wear them again.

      Delete
  4. This whole thing has been scary and I do understand people not wanting to go out amongst groups yet. A shame though. When the weather is better, are you able to meet out of doors? Perhaps they would feel safer.
    Loving the boots.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a possibility. Heard of two more who contracted it in indoor settings that had dispensed with masks.

      Delete
  5. I thought I was done with my Winter boots but a wee spell of very cold weather brought them back out again. Hopefully once the Easter break is over I may be able to wear sandals (gasp!) to school!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be great. I have my sandals ready and waiting but still a bit early for that here.

      Delete
  6. My boots are still in the closet, hoping they need to stay there until cloistered away until November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just switched winter coats to spring jackets. Boots are next! I see in Ontario a 2nd booster is now on offer ... I wonder if it will be for all age groups or just seniors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's 60 and over if it is six months since your third shot. I won't be eligible until June! Sent my winter coats to the cleaners this week and then they will be packed away. If it gets cold again I'll just have to wear extra layers.

      Delete
  8. It's getting towards that time here too. I think my boots will need replacing before next winter. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping mine will do another year or two.

    ReplyDelete