Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 13 April 2022

Something Finally Blooming!

    Yesterday and today have been gloriously warm and sunny but now we have rain and frost overnight one day later this week. Winter is nor done with us yet but it is definitely on the wane!


   At last something blooming in my garden. I don't know what they are called but they are coming up in several places, even the lawn! I haven't had to cut the grass yet so they can bloom undisturbed.

   I think I mentioned that my garlic has sprouted and is about 3 inches tall. I also saw a tiny red leaf in my rhubarb patch. It will be a while until I can pick any but it is wonderful to see this sign of life. My only worry is my clematis which had to be moved when the fence was repaired last Fall. No sign that it survived being transplanted but I will keep my fingers crossed.

15 comments:

  1. It's always so exciting to see some flowers after winter. Just gives you hope for good things to come. I hope your Easter is blessed and that it will be warm for you and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and best wishes to you too.

      Delete
  2. Is that called wind flower? A cheerful sign of spring regardless of its name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check that out, Wilma. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. I love the signs of spring but it must be even more satisfying after months of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really lifts your spirits to see a touch of colour in the garden.

      Delete
  4. It is always lovely to see signs of spring after a long winter. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love to see spring flowers after along cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Can't wait to get out there and start planting.

      Delete
  6. Oh spring flowers bring such joy. I think these are Chionodoxa in your photo. I could not believe that it got to 23 (c) yesterday - so nice to have all the windows wide open. Clematis can take a while to show signs of renewal growth, fingers crossed yours will show up soon. Happy long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's warm! I don't think it got quite as hot here. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll look it up.

      Delete
  7. Spring colour in the garden is a positive sign, love those little flowers. I planted more daffodils last fall, so garden looking quite nice along with some purple primroses.
    Lenten Rose, blooming now, just needed a layer of leaves to be removed.
    Have a great Easter weekend.
    Hope you finger is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting it X-rayed so that's a start. Enjoy your Easter weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely. They aren't wind flowers as I grew them for a number of years and the blossoms are too small.

    We have 3 feet of snow in the garden once again so anything that would have been coming up is going back to sleep.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete