Recipes

Translate

Thursday 21 April 2022

Dashing Around

    Today I had a busy morning but I organized it perfectly so everything fell into place. An early (for me) breakfast before Yoga class at 9:00 a.m followed by a dental appointment, just a cleaning. After that I headed straight to Tim Horton's for coffee and a doughnut as I was missing my caffeine fix, it was yummy! I try not to hit Tim's more than once a week as I know the calories mount up.

   Yesterday the arborist arrived to take down some cedars in my front yard so there was a bit of a clean up to do today. He has left the larger logs for someone (not sure who) to pick up. That hasn't happened yet so this afternoon I tidied the pile and removed some of the smaller logs to use in the fireplace. If the pile is still here tomorrow I will ask him to remove it before I hand over the cash for the work done. No news yet on the permit for the spruce in my back yard but it's still early days.


Lots of good wood here but I'm not about to start chopping it into logs!

   Now I am exhausted and glad of a night at home. Luckily there is still food (and wine) left over from the weekend so no cooking required!

10 comments:

  1. You were busy, but as you said everything fell into place.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to sneak out early from the yoga class to get to the dentist on time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those logs would be useful next winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seemingly cedar burns well. They were all gone by this morning.

      Delete
  4. Yeah to getting another yard task done. I am surprised those logs have lingered but hopefully upon waking this morning, they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! Now I just have to tidy up and re-landscape the spot where the trees were.

      Delete
  5. that sounds like a perfect way to rest after a busy day. We gals do need some down time don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a soak in the tub before bed and feel fine today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wine and food leftovers sounds like a perfect result.

    ReplyDelete