Recipes

Translate

Saturday 15 January 2022

My New Addiction

    Ok, it's nothing serious but I have become addicted to Wordle. It's a new word game in which you have five tries to guess a word. You only get one chance per day and it is the first thing I do when I boot up my computer in the evening.

   So far I have managed to guess 60% of the words which I think is quite good. On each guess you eliminate letters and stick with the correct ones. You are also told if they are in the correct spot in the word or not. Quite a problem solving endeavour. Today's word was "panic" which I got on the fourth try. 



   I am hibernating indoors today as it has only been able to warm up to -13C. Tomorrow should be a little better then we are getting a big dump of snow overnight and into Monday. Oh, fun! I finished the Val McDermid book which had a very suspenseful but satisfying conclusion.

19 comments:

  1. HA!! I have found wordle, too. Now, if panic is the word for today I will be miffed. Or boast I got it straight away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone must get a different word.

      Delete
    2. I can't remember yesterday but I do remember today so let me know what you get tomorrow and we'll see if the time difference plays a part.

      Delete
    3. Today's word was solar. I got it in three moves!

      Delete
  2. I also play Words with Friends but I'm never on the winning side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wordle. I got panic in 4 tries too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised we each got the same word.

      Delete
  4. There's a quiz programme on TV over here called Lingo which sounds exactly the same but with teams competing to work out the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anything that taxes your brain is worth trying.

      Delete
  5. Curiously there was a mention of the growing popularity of this game here in Spain on the National news yesterday! They call it the new social phenomenon and that it has become all the rage. I am going to pop in and view the video clip to see what its all about :-) Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice more and more people talking about this game and actually playing it. Might have to take a look.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like fun. My friends like to play "Words with friends" & today is probably going to be a perfect day to play ... no one is going any where with all the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except to try to dig out! I couldn't believe how deep the snow was. My little battery powered snow blower was no match for it.

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried that one. I recently went back to several words games on my tablet after months of not playing and found that they have made the interjected ads even more intrusive. I will have to decide if I want to upgrade to an ad-free version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ads don't seem to distract me but they have become more plentiful. I play Bridge online as well as "Words with Friends".

      Delete