Recipes

Translate

Monday 24 January 2022

Another Snow Storm

    Boosting my snow blower lithium battery tonight as we are expecting another 5-10 cms. The machine should be able to handle that. No strong winds this time, thankfully! I was planning to hit the grocery store early tomorrow morning but that may have to be delayed until I have cleared the driveway. 

   There is still a pile across half of the end of the driveway from last week's snow plough. I got to the end of the driveway but the pile extends into the street and makes it difficult for me to see oncoming traffic. Luckily my street is pretty quiet. More will probably be added tomorrow but I'll worry about that later. Staying inside where it is warm for the time being!

10 comments:

  1. Hope the snow gets cleared up quickly. How on earth do people manage without snow blowers? So happy that I don't have to deal with that any longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's back breaking work and there have been instances of people having heart attacks while shoveling. Luckily this dump was pretty light so no problems today. I was done in half-an-hour.

      Delete
  2. Not a sniff of a snowflake around here, just a few frosty nights. It would be nice to have a bit of snow (says she, wistfully).
    Take care and stay warm and cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it was -9C when I went out this morning, I wasn't cold as the sun was shining.

      Delete
  3. Hope you manage to dig your way out. We got rain Sunday night so the snow has a lovely coating of ice now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't nearly as bad as earlier this week. The previous snowfall set a record of one day's accumulation.

      Delete
  4. I saw on the tale end of the news, that clearing streets in & around Toronto has been slow, so hopefully you'll get that pile addressed soon. Looking out this morning I see we got more snow & right now I'm thinking it looks pretty ... I'll leave the clearing until the afternoon, when it gets a little warmer ... well that's what I'm telling myself (col).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness not nearly as bad as last week's. The main roads are pretty good here. The main problem is what to do with all the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like where you are. How do the elderly and frail manage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has been a concern as sidewalks are often a struggle for any one elderly or with a disability. Things should be better in a day or two. Meanwhile they mostly stay home. Another concern is the homeless which are many in large cities. Can't imagine how they manage at night when the temperature can go down to -30C. There just aren't enough shelter spaces for them all.

      Delete