Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Things Finally Working Out

    Judy came for lunch on Tuesday as it was her birthday and we had a lovely chat although she had to be back at work in an hour. After tennis I went and picked up Dim Sum at the local Chinese supermarket. It was a bit tricky as I didn't know the name of the items I wanted - a lot of pointing and gesturing as English was a second language for most of the girls behind the counter, but a fun experience! I got home just before Judy arrived and popped the Dim Sum in the steamer to keep it warm. Then we had it with a pot of green tea.

   One less thing to worry about - the back fence got fixed today. It looks so much more sturdy and I am very happy to have it upright again. My neighbour has agreed to help with the cost - as they say, "good fences make good neighbours", so I hope she is as happy with the work done on it as I am.

   And, "hallelujah!" the guys are supposedly coming tomorrow to fix my leaky basement. Frankly I will believe it when I see it as I have been on the phone to them several times to get the job done. Stay posted!

11 comments:

  1. Yippee, you are getting things fixed slowly but surely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get everything "ship-shape and Bristol fashion" before winter sets in.

      Delete
  2. I hope your workers show up and you get things fixed! Fingers crossed. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they've been and gone so am now waiting for the next heavy rainfall to see if the basement is watertight.

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed for you. It will feel so good to get some of those jobs done and sorted.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a couple more to go and then I will be ready for winter.

      Delete
  4. Can't come soon enough! I hate things hanging over my head, waiting to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you will get things fixed, wish you a happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure it will be a relief to get all those repair jobs behind you. Hoping they continue to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete