Recipes

Translate

Monday 11 October 2021

Thanksgiving Monday

     Just a regular Monday for me as we had our big feast at daughter's house yesterday. That way she has a rest day before returning to work. There were seven of us and, as is our custom, we went around the table before we ate telling what we are thankful for - and there was a lot!

   It has been very summery this weekend and I finally pulled up the last of the kale plants. Now my vegetable garden is empty as that is the area the guys will have to dig up to fix my leaky basement. No word yet as to when that will happen but at least I am prepared. 

I got quite a good picking from the last kale plants and will use it tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. The kale looks delicious and I'm glad you had such a lovely family time together.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you enjoyed a lovely day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was so nice we were able to spend some time in the garden.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good family dinner. Probably good to get that leak fixed now as I've heard we are due some heavy rains later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! They have been "no shows" again this week.

      Delete
  4. We have always done the same, had our big dinner on Sunday so that everyone could enjoy the Monday off (and eat leftovers!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly makes more sense unless you are religious!

      Delete
  5. I love kale from the garden, for some reason both Harvey and I find the store bought kale to be tough.

    We also had Thanksgiving on Sunday. The sons have to travel back to their respective homes on Monday and I always send leftovers with them so they don't have to cook if they do not want to.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkey and all the fixings makes great care packages!

      Delete