Recipes

Translate

Thursday 13 December 2018

More Food!

     …… but the end is in sight! Today was the Probus Club lunch. We had a choice of turkey or salmon and, as I am cooking a leg of lamb on Christmas Day, I opted for turkey. It was excellent, a nice salad first, then two slices of turkey breast, asparagus and carrots, roast potatoes, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce. In other words, the works! Dessert was chocolate coated ice cream and coffee to finish - a delicious meal with good friends. There was even musical entertainment. Tonight I will just have a bowl of soup for dinner.

   This week was our final dancing nights before Christmas so we had parties on Monday and Wednesday with lots of goodies (mostly sweet things). I made sausage rolls which were popular - no leftovers. They are so easy to make with bought puff pastry that they are my standby for pot luck parties. One more batch to make next week for the Bridge party. Then it will be the countdown to the big day - hope everything turns out well!

    

1 comment:

  1. Your Probus club lunch sounds delicious. I like this time of year for the source of fresh brussel sprouts. I've heard of many that are making roast leg of lamb for Christmas dinner rather than turkey - Mr Man would enjoy that but since I'm not a meat eater there would be too many days of left over lamb. :) I like to keep a package of puff pastry in the freezer, it's one that can fancy up so many other things.

    ReplyDelete