Recipes

Translate

Thursday 23 August 2018

Time Running Out

   As expected, the pool had cooled off overnight (a chilly 72F this morning) and, although running the heater until nearly noon, it was declared too cold for swimming. Natalie did get immersed but only stayed in for 5 minutes. I had a dip later after working on the garden and found it quite refreshing (the sun had warmed it up a bit more by then) but didn't hang around too long in my wet swimsuit as the breeze was cool.

   Probus Club this morning but I didn't stay for the speaker again as I had promised to pick up the grandkids while Judy sorted out her classroom. They stayed for lunch but were gone by 1:00 p.m. for dentist visits. That may be their last visit of the summer as there is only one more week until school starts.

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely a change in the air - it's been quite cool at night & I've enjoyed having the windows open. It will soon be time to close up your pool & I'll bet you will miss those quick refreshing dips :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in twice today as the heat has returned, once after tennis and again after gardening this afternoon - very humid!

      Delete