Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 15 August 2018

A Hot One!

     Hiding out in the (air conditioned) house again today as it got up to 33C this afternoon. I did make it to my exercise class at the (also air conditioned) Senior's Centre this morning and stayed to work in the coffee bar, but almost died driving home after, the car was so hot having sat in the sun all day. Straight in the pool for a nice cool swim, although it is getting pretty warm too, then indoors ever since.

   Huge glut of tomatoes - bruschetta with parmesan on my home baked baguette is my favourite tomato treat but I will have to cook some up tonight as they are getting over ripe. Judy took a couple home with her yesterday but there are more waiting to be picked. Ironically (or maybe inevitably) the very time I have so many on the vines is when they are cheapest in the stores! Mine taste much better though.

Gone down a degree - 32C at 7:00 p.m.

The grandkids in the pool yesterday - it wasn't quite as hot so Judy and I just sat in the shade.

2 comments:

  1. How do you make your bruschetta? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brush slices of baguette with olive oil and spread on a bit of garlic. Toast until golden brown. Chop tomatoes and add a little oil and some grated parmesan. Pile on toasts and grate some more parmesan on top.

      Delete