Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 21 August 2018

A Stormy Day

  Torrential rain all morning and now the back garden is awash. Luckily I cut the grass yesterday and did some other tidying bits. I have bins full of weeds already but things are looking tidier.

   The rain stopped just after noon and there was time to clean the pool. It's only the second cleaning of this year and I probably won't do it again. Only another month until it is closed for winter. We had more heavy rain and thunder thios afternoon but it seems to have finally stopped. 

   This afternoon I baked a batch of sugar cookies and, unless the grandkids wolf them all down, there should be enough to take to the tennis social on Friday. Also made soup while it was raining and will cook a chicken breast to have with a quinoa salad for dinner. So, despite staying at home all day, the day has gone in quite quickly and it is evening already!

After the storm, a couple of soggy visitors in my yard - raccoons!

3 comments:

  1. My garden & trees were most appreciative of the rain. Oh I would like some sugar cookies ... sounds like you had a productive & enjoyable day at home. I dislike raccoons a lot - dirty nasty beasts even if they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookies are so easy - just flour, corn starch, icing sugar and butter.

      Delete
  2. I don't even think they are cute...not since one mama had a batch of babies in my attic (in another house)!

    ReplyDelete