Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Car Woes


  I can't believe I have neglected my blog for almost a week! Much has happened so I will attempt to catch up.

   Last week I decided  had better heed my mechanic's calls and take my car in for a service. Big mistake! I spent most of one day and a couple of hours on a second trip to have all the things wrong with it fixed. Plus it cost me an arm and a leg!

    On the plus side, all three days I had set up for tennis worked out and I was able to get in several sets each day. Unfortunately, Sunday was rainy but I had housework and gardening to catch upon so I had no problem filling the morning.

Not as many blossoms on this climbing rose as I cut it back severely last year - but it still is beautiful.
   This morning tennis was doubtful due to heavy rain overnight and early in the morning. Ever optimistic, I headed over to the courts and found one court dried off and almost ready for play. After a coffee we started to play although the skies were still very threatening. As the morning progressed the weather improved and by noon we were hot and sweaty (very humid conditions) and had had three good sets. This afternoon the wind became very strong while I cleaned the pool and, although the temperature was in the mid 20's it got too chilly to sit outside. I hope it improves tomorrow as Judy and the kids are coming over for a swim.
Self-seeding sweet peas come up here every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment