Recipes

Translate

Monday 30 September 2013

A Birthday Treat

   I had a lovely day for my birthday today - lots of little treats and fun with James. It was a rather dull, dreary day but all the attention raised my spirits.
   First off, Judy arrived with James and two gorgeous cupcakes (not to be eaten until after lunch!). Then later in the morning James and I headed down to Starbucks for my free birthday coffee. We shared an oatmeal chocolate bar as I downed my decaf tall latte and he his apple juice. 
    Just before lunch Judy arrived with a sushi lunch which I decided to save for dinner. After our usual lunch we managed to find a candle and James gave me a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" before blowing it out. He is really getting so big and grown up.
   The next surprise was a present from Judy and Steve - a Kobo eReader! Can't wait to get it booted up and some books downloaded. That was quite unexpected and wholly appreciated. Now to enjoy my sushi meal - no preparation required! 

No comments:

Post a Comment