Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Tuesday

   Up early this morning and off to the tennis courts for breakfast - and what a meal it was! Jasmine and Nancy-Jean outdid themselves - scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, a spicy egg and cheese casserole, toast, fresh fruit, muffins, juice and coffee, all for $5! Then onto the courts to try to work off all this excess of food. It had started off cool but as the sun shone, things warmed up and we were soon stripping off layers. Finished around 11:00 a.m. and headed home. 
   Unfortunately, this was also the day of the monthly RWTO lunch so at 12:00 p.m. I was sitting down to another meal, still stuffed from the first. A nice light salad followed by chicken breast and veggies, ice cream and fruit. Managed to do it justice by skipping the bread. No supper for me tonight!
   Got a little bit of garden tidy-up done this afternoon (after a nap) as the garden refuse pick-up is tomorrow and my composter is getting full. So, a busy day today, all things considered.
   Here's a photo of the Christopher Columbus statue in Barcelona. Unfortunately, right after taking this photo I got knocked over by a bunch of illegal street vendors being chased by the police and ended up in Emergency waiting to get my lip stitched up! Before the doctor saw me I had to produce my method of payment and it wasn't cheap. Still waiting to be reimbursed from my insurance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment