Recipes

Translate

Thursday 13 June 2024

I Passed!

   On Monday morning I had to attend a group driver's test at a nearby community centre. This happens every two years for people over 80 who want to keep their driver's license. This is my second test as I am nearing 82 and I certainly want to keep using my car!

   We were a group of about a dozen seniors and I think some may have taken the test several times. It's a very basic test and I think it is just designed to weed out people whose faculties are deteriorating. First there are individual eye exams (or you can get your optometrist to submit the results of your last checkup), then there was a written component. The task was to draw a clock face showing the time 11:10. The whole thing took about 40 minutes and at the end the examiner announced that we had all passed. Phew! Now I can go and get my license renewed. 

   

8 comments:

  1. You cannot be almost 82!! I had no idea! Congratulations on passing! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. Yes, the years really zip by!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on passing. The test sounds pretty easy so hopefully this won't become an issue for you. Such a relief I'm sure. You need your car because you are a busy woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a struggle to get by without it, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on passing your driver's exam. Being able to drive yourself is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quite a relief to know I'm good for another two years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I just bet you are relieved to be good for another two years. I am not too sure if we have the same thing here in Saskatchewan.... Better look into that for when the time comes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think it's fairly universal across Canada.

      Delete