Recipes

Translate

Friday 31 May 2024

Last Day of the Month.

    Well, I did get in the pool in May (just!) and had a brief swim. By late afternoon the water temperature had reached 70F which is my base line for being bearable. I had been working in the garden and was quite sweaty so it was very refreshing.

   After tennis this morning i stopped by the local garden centre (a pop-up in the grocery store parking lot). They have really nice stuff and the owner was very helpful, not like the big centres where it's hard to find anything or get anyone to help. I will definitely go back there.

   I got four different tomato plants (hedging my bets!) some kale and zucchini plants, and annuals for the hanging baskets. Everything is now in the ground and well watered, just need to add some vegetable fertilizer in a day or two. I feel like I really accomplished lots today. Yesterday I dotted some nasturtium seeds in empty spots and finally got the lawns fed so now I can relax for the rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You really did get a lot done today. I am a chicken and don't think I would get in the pool for a few weeks yet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about mind over matter, the first plunge is the hardest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good feeling to get things taken care of. I did some work in the garden this morning. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some mulch laid in the bed along the back fence. You always inspire me to keep going - a little at a time does add up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do work in short spurts. No big rush, there's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad it was finally warm enough for you to swim. It is so invigorating to swim outdoors. Xx

    ReplyDelete