Recipes

Translate

Monday 13 May 2024

It Shouldn't Happen to Anyone

    I've been in a bit of a funk for the last few weeks - hence my absence from blog land. I had a break-in overnight and lost several items that made life difficult. I am gradually getting all the important items restored but it has left me feeling vulnerable and shaken. Not a nice feeling!

   The rear walkout was jimmied (I think that's the expression) and my computer, cell phone and camera, along with some important paperwork were taken from my office. Then they had the audacity to sneak into my bedroom while I was sleeping and pinch my wallet and jewelry boxes. Talk about feeling violated! I am still in the process of replacing credit, debit and other cards and, most worryingly, my social insurance card. I just pray my identity isn't compromised as there are so many ways that can happen. So far my credit score has remained intact and I have fraud alerts on all my personal stuff. The local police have been incredibly helpful  as has my bank so I have come out of it relatively unscathed (imagine if I had woken up when they were in my bedroom!) but will be adding extra security all over the place! Hope this never happens to any of you as it is a thoroughly traumatic experience.

7 comments:

  1. I can’t imagine how you must be feeling! I’m so sorry that happened to you. Virtual hugs from me! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a nasty experience. It is shocking that they managed it so stealthily and expertly whilst you were there, sleeping. I cannot imagine how I would feel if that happened to me.
    Get a big fierce dog????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just awful, Chris, I am so sorry you experienced this. Lots of love to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How horrible and devastating that was and is for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the kind words. It is one of the problems with living in a big city, although not as bad in the suburbs as downtown. I will be extra cautious from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris is was a horrific thing to happen to you. Very glad you were unhurt. I can only imagine the feeling of loss of privacy & security in your home that is suppose to be your safety zone. Horrible people abound about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checking in with your blog and seeing this. I'm so sorry this happened to you Chris and am thankful you are physically okay. I imagine it will be a while before you are feeling yourself again.
    Terrible people.

    ReplyDelete