Recipes

Translate

Thursday 4 January 2024

No Heat Again!

    I woke up to a very chilly house again this morning. It's less than a month since I last had to call the repair guys so let's hope this time it is well and truly fixed. The techie (female again) arrived with her manager so perhaps between the two of them they will be able to diagnose and fix the problem. It's no fun being chilled to the bone when you step out of bed in the morning but the sun is out for the first time in what seems like ages. No snow yet!

    Anyhoo (no that's not a typo, that how it's pronounced here, in a jokey way), time for an end of year update as I have been so busy clearing up the debris from Christmas and getting rid of all the year's cobwebs last week that I have been neglecting my blob. Christmas Day went off well with a lovely meal and fun and games chez moi. As usual I cooked a capon as I'm not much of a turkey fan but we like to have a bird. There was very little in the way of leftovers but I did get two more meals eked out with some fresh veg. By Wednesday there was just stuffing left but I managed to make a meal of it.

 

Just six of us this year but lovely to have the three generations all together. I should have got a photo of us wearing our party hats but at least youngest grandson deigned to remove his baseball cap.


The festive table before the meal. Blogger loaded the photos backwards again. Next time I will load from back to front just to confuse things!

   This week is still holidays but, fortunately, my Bridge group met on Tuesday and today is Book Club. Next week the Seniors' Centre will be back in business and the fitness classes start up again.

   The heat has just come back on, hallelujah!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely table setting ready for family to enjoy Christmas dinner. Not a good time of the year for your furnace to decide to quit working again, hope its fixed right this time. No snow here either, just the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did ask if that was a bad sign but was assured it`s well and truly fixed. We`ll see.

      Delete
  2. I still giggle, our oldest brought a friend from university the first year he attended, whose family lived in Mauritius and so was unable to go home for Thanksgiving. We sat down to eat, Kurt took off his baseball cap and the young man's eyes went round. Turns out he had never seen Kurt without his cap on.

    Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Thank heavens the furnace is working once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That`s a good one - men and their bad hair days. Yes, it`s nice and cozy here again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table does look very festive & how nice to have the family there for dinner. Yeah to heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get stressed before they arrive but once I've had a drink or two I feel totally relaxed and can enjoy the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your holiday table always looks very nice. And I always enjoy reading about the food you are having :)

    ReplyDelete