Recipes

Translate

Sunday 28 January 2024

Continuing To Eat Around the World

    The past week was not particularly busy but I did finally get to the Chair Yoga class last Tuesday. I was happy to find we didn't spend the whole hour sitting in a chair but used it for balance on several of the movements. This is good as the balance moves are the ones I have the most difficulty with in the regular Yoga class on Thursdays.

    The RODEO ladies met for lunch on Friday at Prague Restaurant as we have got to the letter "C" for Czeck. I really wanted to go for Chinese but I was outvoted. There were many schnitzels and goulashes on the menu but I settled for a Caesar Salad as I was craving something green. It was excellent. Next month for "D" we are going to a steakhouse since there are no Danish restaurants around here and no one could think of another country starting with "D". 

   I finally finished the puzzle which was my Christmas present from oldest grandson. He did warn me it was tricky so I am happy to have it completed. The hardest part was that the picture was wrong!




16 comments:

  1. Why was it wrong?
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of the boxes were reversed and several were cut short.

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea to eat all different countries food, I'd have chosen Chinese too! Annoying about the jigsaw but you did it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all sorts of Chinese food but especially enjoy Dim Sum. You can get it all over our area.

      Delete
  3. How fun to be eating around the world. Chinese would have been my first choice, but great that you could find Czech restaurant. There's a Danish restaurant out this way, but too far especially in uncertain winter weather. Well done you mastering the puzzle in spite of the cover picture no helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to have lots of ethnic restaurants around here.

      Delete
  4. Eating around the world is a great idea, I would have chosen Chinese too. Good job finishing the puzzle in spite of the picture being wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tricky on many levels but I enjoy a challenge.

      Delete
  5. Domenica or Dijoboti are countries beginning with D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to find though in chilly Canada!

      Delete
  6. How about a cake place and having Danish pastries with coffee? :-)
    (I'd have voted for Chinese too) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have worked for me. Wish I'd thought of it!

      Delete
  7. Your around the world dining is fun to follow along with. I imagine it does make things harder when the picture is wrong for a puzzle! Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad I was warned ahead of time or I would have really been stuck!

      Delete
  8. Hmmm, what about Dominican Republic. Pretty sure though that type of eating establishment might be hard to find.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have liked their cuisine if we could have found somewhere it was served.

      Delete