Recipes

Translate

Friday 9 February 2024

Yoga

    With the tennis courts locked until Spring, I have found a new activity to take the place of my thrice weekly tennis game. Last year I signed up for a ten-week Yoga class and this year I have added Chair Yoga to my weekly fitness schedule. 

   I find the regular (mat) yoga quite challenging, especially the balance moves, although I do feel quite a benefit from challenging myself to at least attempt most of the moves. I even managed a shoulder stand this year!

    Chair Yoga isn't only a sedentary class although we do start sitting. After upper body work we move to behind our chair to work on the lower body. The chair provides support if needed and everyone works at their own level. The benefit I get from the exercises are feeling every part of my body stretched and toned and my inner calmness. It's an opportunity to rid myself of worries and stress.

    Both classes are held at the Seniors centre and after today's class we were treated to an early St. Valentines treat - a surprise cake and coffee courtesy of the Executive. Much appreciated by all in attendance!

8 comments:

  1. I was going to add drink more water last month and ended up forgetting way too much, so I have done so this month and am doing better with that. I have some chair yoga on YouTube and will be adding that to my walking routine next month.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, important to stay hydrated.

      Delete
  2. Chair yoga sounds fun. We have yoga here but it is more for the young spritely things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what some of the older ladies can do on the mat.

      Delete
  3. A shoulder stand! We also have yoga here too, should go an investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth a try! I find it very relaxing except when I am trying to hold my balance.

      Delete
  4. That's fantastic you have found a yoga class that works for you. I like that yoga does a great job at calming the stress & nervous right out of a person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure there are yoga classes on YouTube. I might look there when this session ends.

    ReplyDelete