Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Shrove Tuesday

     Another nice treat from the Executive at the Seniors' Centre today. A complete breakfast of pancakes, sausages, bacon, orange juice and coffee for just $5!

    It was a busy morning for me as it started with Chair Yoga, then a quick trip home (I live fairly close to the Centre) to change, then back for the tasty breakfast with lots of the other seniors. By the time eating and socializing was over, it was time for me to head to Bridge club. I didn't have a very good afternoon, cards-wise, but there was more coffee and cookies on tap so no complaints from me!

   I needed a nap by the time I finally got home and a light dinner of avocado salad and broiled shrimp. So tasty!

12 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious, all of it. How lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few tasty way to spend a Tuesday. Hopefully your card luck will change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy and delicious food filled day. Better cards next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a lovely day was had. I have always wondered why the pancakes on Shrove Tuesday????? I quite often make pancakes for Fridays meatless meals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was to use up ingredients before Lent.

      Delete
  5. Your breakfast sounded delicious. And what a great deal! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do treat us well at the Seniors' Centre!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always forget about Shrove Tuesday. My mother was visiting her husband at the care home and she said they had pancakes at the coffee morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to make pancakes when the grandkids came for a sleepover. Now they are a treat as I wouldn't make them for myself.

    ReplyDelete