Recipes

Translate

Friday 5 January 2024

The Weather

    It continues to be cold but still a bit above seasonal averages. And, unbelievably, we have gotten well into the New Year without significant snowfall! You may wonder why I am so jubilant to have none of the white stuff but that is because last winter's heavy soggy snow was almost impossible to move and leaving it lying would have resulted in the possibility of not being able to leave my house until Spring!

   So far this winter I have only had to get my winter boots on once (long may that continue). I have managed my daily walks in just my joggers and I notice all my fellow walkers are similarly attired. I don't really mind having to wrap up well before setting out and usually work up some heat if I walk briskly. One can always strip off a layer or two when necessary! 

12 comments:

  1. Thank goodness your heating is working again. At least you can now stay cosy indoors.
    It's frosty here this morning, and it makes a pleasant change from all the rain we've been experiencing. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much the same here, a mix of rain and snow.

      Delete
  2. I am glad that the heating is working once again. We got a tiny bit of snow here yesterday, but I really was expecting more than the very light dusting we received.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're expecting more next week, can't wait (haha!)

      Delete
  3. My winter boots have been on once also. The no snow season is just the way I like it, however, it will come sooner or later I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They (ever who they are) say that we are supposed to have a rough winter. So far it has not been bad... may the good luck continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you do miss the snow, we don't have it here altho' there are records of it in '47,, 63 and '87.. I had it when I lived in Essex and used to pray the school would be closed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I was working we very rarely had snow days although sometimes the buses were cancelled. We still had to show up for work.

      Delete
  6. Wait for it Chris, the forecast for Tuesday is a big storm of possibility of 10-15cm of snow. YIKES. We ran the snow blower yesterday for a few minutes to be sure it will do its job, should the forecast be correct. Thankfully your furnace is ready for the cold snap. Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete