Recipes

Translate

Friday 22 December 2023

Winter Solstice

    The last of the early dark evenings although I doubt we will notice any difference for a few weeks. Strangely, we are having quite unseasonally warm weather here and will definitely not be having a white Christmas. Freezing rain overnight which will make my early morning shop tomorrow for the last of the Christmas meal essentials tricky.

   We had one last fitness class this morning and Alison had chosen Christmas music for us to work out to. It was way faster than her usual CD so we had a rather brisk workout! Since that will be it until January it was good to get the blood coursing and the muscles active. I will work out at home for the next two weeks but less enthusiastically than with the group. In January I am adding Yoga to my timetable. Can`t wait to get started on that!

   Here`s my favourite Christmas tune from the movie, `Love Actually`.




12 comments:

  1. Your fitness class sounds fantastic and I'm sure you will enjoy the Yoga too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find some of the yoga moves challenging. I also signed up for chair yoga which should be easier.

      Delete
  2. That song was the backdrop to our recent London trip. It was playing everywhere. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I particularly like this version...and the movie!

      Delete
  3. Love that movie, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a happy new year to you, Gil.

      Delete
  4. It's busy time of the year but, wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you, Pat. Look forward to hearing all your adventures in 2024.

      Delete
  5. That movie, Love Actually, stands the test of time. Such a feel good movie for the season. Happy New Year Chris. Wishing you all the best in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I like about it too, MaryLou.

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Jackie. Hope 2024 is good to you!

      Delete