Recipes

Translate

Saturday 9 December 2023

Another Outing

    I don't usually eat out a lot, maybe once a month if that, but it seems to be never ending at this time of year.

   Friday was the Seniors Christmas Party at the Mandarin Buffet restaurant for which I had been able to snag a ticket last week.  I don't know how many people belong to the seniors centre but they sold 120 tickets in a matter of hours and many people were left out, unfortunately.

   The Mandarin is not a cheap place to eat giving that it is unlimited food but the cost was quite heavily subsidized by the Executive at the Centre, so we only paid $15. I have to be very careful not to overindulge at this type of eatery as my eyes are always bigger than my stomach (as my mother used to tell me). After the meal there were lucky prizes (I didn't win anything) and a sing-a-long of Christmas carols. All very jolly but by then I was so full all I wanted was to go home for a nap. 

    For some reason Blogger loaded my photos from back to front, but you get the idea - four trips the food counters. Does that count as exercise?

   

My friend Carol was the only one at our table who won a prize.


This was the judging for the "Ugly Christmas Sweater" competition which was the theme of the party.


Delicious desserts but by that time I was too stuffed. I just had a creme caramel and chocolate ice cream cake.


The salad bar - I just went for the seafood and a Caesar salad.


The hot tables - so many choices. My favourite was sweet and sour battered fish. I'm afraid I chose too many non-healthy items!


The sushi bar - I went there first and tried one of each type but forgot to get any of the hot wasabi mustard. Next time!

   Needless to say I didn't eat again until very late in the evening and only to prevent waking up hungry in the middle of the night. It was just a bowl of soup and a small sandwich. Today I feel able to eat normally again.

12 comments:

  1. What an amazing spread!!
    Your friend Carol is very stylish. I love her dress. And her hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is always well turned out, even for exercise class which is where we met!

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness, that all looks absolutely amazing. My eyes would be bigger than my tum too - My nan used to say that!
    It is the time of year for feasts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully this coming week will be more normal. I need time to recover!

      Delete
  3. Mandarin is always a nice place to eat but, I have a problem of over eating when I go there too.
    "Tis the season of over indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't eat like this regularly. So far my weight has remained the same.

      Delete
  4. Wow, what an awesome amount of food. I am sticking close to home cause I know from Christmas on I will be over indulging. Love the way Carol's outfit matches the wrapping paper on the prize.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see my problem? Everything looks so delicious!

      Delete
  5. Everything does indeed look delicious. Lucky Carol winning a prize. I am a fan of the (Ugly) Christmas sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of them were really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful spread! It sounds as though you had a fun time. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a highlight of the Christmas season!

      Delete