Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 13 December 2023

No Heat!

   I woke up this morning to a rather chilly house - just 13C and outside is hovering on zero so it's likely to get even colder. It is rather uncomfortable "chez moi" at the moment.

   The technician is here tinkering with the furnace but doesn't seem to be having much success although I did hear it run for a few moments. So she (yes it's a young woman!) must be making some progress. The furnace is in the basement right under my office and I can hear her on her phone, probably asking for advice from her supervisor.  I don't relish another cold night!

    I have the gas fire on in the family room so at least I have a little heat. And I have an electric blanket which will keep me comfortable in bed. However, I would much rather just be able to have the furnace keeping me cozy in any room in the house!

14 comments:

  1. Brrr, I hate when things go wrong with the heating. I hope it is up and running now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took two hours but it's all fixed now.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I hope it’s an easy inexpensive fix! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was expensive but my parts plan covered it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it's fixed. What an awful situation as you head into winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gas company are really good at getting someone out right away when you have no heat!

      Delete
  5. Oh, no. I see from the comments that it has been fixed and the cost is covered but what a shock! Thank goodness she managed to repair whatever it was. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily she had the right spare part but it took a while to replace it.

      Delete
  6. Glad your heating is now repaired and the parts plan covered the expense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's reassuring to know help is at hand in an emergency.

      Delete
  7. Thank goodness for the back up plans of electric blanket & gas fireplace. Yeah to getting the furnace fixed & parts plans ... truly a Christmas miracle (col).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always advisable to have a backup plan and insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to read in your comments that the repair person was able to fix your furnace.
    Things get cold fast when the furnace goes out don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with the speedy service.

      Delete