Recipes

Translate

Thursday 21 December 2023

Finally Getting the Christmas Spirit

    Today was the Probus Christmas party and 40 of us went to a Greek restaurant, `Flogo Estoria`, for a convivial meal. I had Spanakopita and others at my table had Moussaka, Souvlaki and Greek Salad, all delicious! One of the best parts was that my meal wasn`t too filling as I have definitely been overeating this month. Even this week I ate out two other times (both on Tuesday, unfortunately), a pot luck lunch at the Bridge group and Swiss Chalet for the `Festive Special` dinner with the family.

   For the pot luck lunch I made sausage rolls but as Covid has hit that group recently, the turnout was a bit reduced and I actually brought some rolls home. I'll have them over the next few days with salads. I`m ever mindful that there`s a big meal coming up soon!

   Earlier this evening I started to dress the Christmas tree and the fireplace mantel. I had to steal some greenery from my neighbour since my Blue Spruce which I normally use has long since died and been removed. The branches were slightly overhanging the fence so, technically, on my property! I don`t think she`ll notice.




    

4 comments:

  1. Sausage rolls and salad. Yum!
    Your Christmas decorations are beautiful. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Chris, I hope you enjoy all the gifts of the season. Your mantel looks very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sausage rolls on my to do list today, might just squirrel away a couple for later next week to have with a salad. Decorations look lovely. 1that must be a Jim Shore Santa. Merry Christmas Chris, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am promising myself to make sausage rolls next Christmas. It is hard to feel much like Christmas with no snow here on the prairies, but I am trying. The sons arrive tomorrow and I am excited about that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete