Recipes

Translate

Sunday 25 December 2022

Christmas Day with Family

      The roads have been cleared so the family was able to get here for our annual Christmas feast. And what a feast it was - as usual I cooked way too much food so I will be eating leftovers for the rest of the week. Judy took home some of the bird, half the plum pudding and custard and the mincemeat pies I had made - they just did not have room for them, even oldest grandson who has a hollow leg!

   So now I am sprawled on the couch, covered with my new thermal throw (a gift from the grands) but I won't be eating anything more until tomorrow. Well, maybe a small chicken and cranberry sandwich before bed!






   Youngest grandson wore his Blue Jays hat through the whole meal (usually no hats allowed but it was his favourite Christmas gift so he got a special dispensation) and can you tell what granddaughter's favourite gift was? (hint: it's also on her head).

   We played some games before they left for home but we were all a bit sleepy by then so that didn't last long. Finally we Face Timed with the family in Victoria for a bit before they went to have their feast. They are four hours behind us. Now to tackle the clean up. Thank goodness for a dishwasher!

   Hope all my readers had a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year!

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful Christmas. The only thing I can see on granddaughters head is hair so ... a wig?
    Stay warm and safe, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. It's a phase she is going through. She has several!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely day and the snow seen through the window looks wonderfully festive. I have a heated throw and, believe me, it is brilliant! What a lovely gift.
    Enjoy the leftovers - I reckon they are one of the best things of the whole season. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit hectic but worth every minute of it!

      Delete
  3. Your day sounds perfect, and I love that throw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great for keeping my tootsies warm while watching TV in the evening (which I'm doing right now!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. super photos, hubby got a sherpa lined throw for Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you were able to be together for Christmas dinner. Locally road clearing started in earnest yesterday (Boxing Day) but the wind is making drifting an issue. I like the idea of a wardrobe of hair - length, cut, colour can all change as the mood hits. A heated throw - oh yes - a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were pretty much cleared for driving by Saturday. We didn't get as much snow as forecast and the drifts weren't too bad except in open areas. I couldn't wear a wig - too itchy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All as it should be, so glad you had such a nice day. I love your dining table.
    www.mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has another leaf so, could seat 10 but the space is too small!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas with family, there is just nothing better is there.

    ReplyDelete