Recipes

Translate

Friday 16 December 2022

Digging Out

    We only got about 5 cms. of snow but this was followed by rain so it was very soggy and weighed a ton. Most of my neighbours were out shoveling before the rain started but I left it until today. Ooh, my aching back!


  This was my morning's work. I got it done later in the afternoon. You can just see my neighbour (she's 88) tidying up her driveway. She has a guy with a plough clear her driveway but it still needs a finishing touch. Most of my other neighbours used snow blowers but my little one wasn't up to the job with the snow being so wet.

10 comments:

  1. I thought that was a black and white photo at first! I still wish for snow but will live through you and others who get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very dull day but we have had some sun since then. It is definitely going to be a white Christmas here.

      Delete
  2. Well done- it looks so light and fluffy, doesn't it? Very deceptive. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly didn't need to do any of my upper body exercises this week!

      Delete
  3. Ugh! Not a job I would fancy. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably won't be the last time this winter.

      Delete
  4. Nothing worse than shoveling heavy wet snow. We still have to dig out from another 7cm of snow after digging out from close to 25cm. So thankful that we broke down a few years back and got a snow blower.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't send us any more for the time being. I need to rest up!

      Delete
  5. Well done to you getting that wet snow off the driveway & WOW well done to your 88 year old neighbour. During the winter our snow blower is often on my gratitude list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbour is amazing, does most of her garden work with just a little help from her kids.

      Delete