Recipes

Translate

Thursday 15 December 2022

Well Stocked Up

     The weather outside is frightful so, before the storm arrived, I made a quick dash up to the library to stock up on books in case we were snowed in. As I came home the freezing rain started. Then it rained for a while but has been snowing since early afternoon. A nasty mix!


This should keep me going for a while. I also hit the pharmacy post office and got the last of my Christmas cards in the mail.

   I also picked up a couple of DVDs in case the TV is rubbish. Now I have the fire on and a blanket over my knees so it's cozy inside. Photos of the results of the storm tomorrow once it has all blown over. The wind was wild today!

8 comments:

  1. Books, DVDs, a fire and a blanket. What a perfect way to sit out a storm. I hope the damage isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cleared the mess gradually and had lots of breaks. Don't want to give myself a heart attack!

      Delete
  2. You know how to prepare for stormy weather (col). Even after the 7 hr 45 min power outage on the weekend for upgrades to the system, we experienced on/off power outages all evening, so no reading for me. I'm worried about all the ice under the snow for walking or driving :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have to keep on top of it. It was slippery. Hope you had no more outages.

      Delete
  3. We got off easier than you by the sounds of it. Freezing rain in the morning which left a heavy coating on everything, rain showers for the rest of the day. No snow. Keep warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got rain on top of the snow which made the shoveling much harder.

      Delete
  4. That's a nice bunch of books and with the fire, you're all set. We only got a little freezing rain here (about 3 hours north west of you) and a wee bit of snow, not like the armageddon that was predicted. Hope you are ok as well. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just an aching back but that will go. My fitness class was cancelled but I got my workout with the shovel!

      Delete