Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 19 July 2022

Trying to Stay Comfortable.

   Extremely hot today - I only managed just over an hour of tennis although we started at 8:00 a.m. I had to bow out at that point and the others stopped then too. Back home for a refreshing swim and, after a well deserved coffee, got out the hose. Lots of flowers blooming in the garden which I have to keep well watered. I have two shades of phlox in the rockery. I stayed indoors until later in the afternoon when I did a bit of weed-pulling. Then I needed another swim!





The bees and butterflies are busy around the echinacea and bee balm. At 7:00 p.m. it is still very hot and humid but at least now we have some cloud cover. It would be nice if it rained!

7 comments:

  1. The northern hemisphere is certainly copping a beating with the heat. Your garden is looking lovely and your pool sounds inviting. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is more or less our normal summer temperatures and humidity. Depends how long it goes on for.

      Delete
  2. Your Bee Balm is doing well & looks lovely with the two colours of Coneflowers. We had a power outage yesterday for several hours which took a toll on keeping cool. Thankfully it was back on before the afternoon peak. Rain is promised but I'm taking no chances, I'm out there doing my own version of the rain dance!! (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your rain dance works. At least it's overcast here at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Loving the banner of strawberries.
    How lovely to have a pool in this weather. I hope that rain has come and freshened everything up a bit. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but it is looking a bit darker. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. Flowers are looking happy to me, weathering the weather pretty well. So when you have coffee on hot hot days, do you make it iced coffee?

    ReplyDelete