Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 20 July 2022

Problem Solved

    I seem to have fixed the vexing problem of not being able to sign in to Blogger. It was something called "HTTPS redirect" that had somehow gotten turned off.  So now I can comment on other blogs and reply on my own blog as myself instead of being anonymous. Yippee!

    Still hot here but overcast with the promise of some rain. I hope it materializes. It's still in the upper 20's but quite comfortable indoors, thank goodness. On Wednesdays I usually walk over to the senior's centre for my fitness class and volunteering in the kitchen, but, today, because of the heat and the threat of a thunder storm (which never did arrive), I took the car. I'm glad I did as I was home by 3:00 p.m. in time for a nap and a swim. I haven't been sleeping well because of the heat ( the upstairs bedrooms are always hotter) and have needed a nap most afternoons.

    I'm hoping that tomorrow I will be able to survive the two hours on the tennis courts and not let my friends down by quitting early. We will start at 8:00 a.m. and drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

  1. I hope you can finish your tennis games, and congratulations on figuring out the Blogger reply problem.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. It's certainly a relief to be able to comment again.

      Delete
  2. Glad to have you back!! Hydration is the key. Enjoy the tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 31C! I will be drinking lots of water, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well done! Worth remembering! How did you discover that? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately again today I had to go back into settings and change a few things before I could comment. So it was just a temporary fix.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back. Hope you enjoy your tennis although that sounds too energetic to me in that heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We played for an hour and a half which was an improvement. It was overcast so a little more comfortable.

      Delete
  6. We reached 32+ on Wed & while the storm loomed around us, we did not get any rain - the farmers in our region are getting desperate as their crops are at a point of dying off. Several farmers need to bring in their winter wheat crops but fear to start up any machinery for fear of starting a fire in the wheat fields! Sending lots of cooling good vibes for your early morning tennis games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty drastic conditions up your way. No rain in the forecast here this week.

      Delete
  7. Glad you sorted out the problem and you are back. It has been very hot and humid here also, we did have an inch of rain last evening, however, the sky cleared and it became very humid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much the same here, Pat, not enough rain to improve the conditions.

      Delete
  8. I am impressed anytime anyone can figure out anything to do with Blogger! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete