Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 13 July 2022

Bounty from the Garden

     Well, that may be a bit of an exaggeration but I have been picking kale and rhubarb for the last two weeks and today I got this:


This will be dessert tonight. There are still lots coming.


These are rather tart so I will stew, sweeten and  strain them to get rid of the seeds.


The cherry tomatoes are looking almost ready to pick but I will give them another few days.


This little guy was out munching on the clover the other morning and let me get quite close for a photo before hopping under the raspberry bushes. I think he is pretty well fed in my garden!

10 comments:

  1. Raspberries. I wonder if I could grow them. They are my favourite. What are the tart red berries. They look a bit cranberryish but I know they can't be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're red currants - quite a bit smaller than cranberries but super tasty if you like something tart.

      Delete
  2. Are those Evan's cherries I see? If they are I love to make pie filling with them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they're red currants but I guess you could use them in a pie although you'd need an awful lot!

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to eat your own grown produce. I like your bunny, I know they can be naughty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has barely nobbled any of my produce, just a lettuce leaf here or there and some kale. I don't think he like the kale!

      Delete
  4. Lovely to have raspberrys and cherries, our tomatoes are doing great too, such an essential part of summer for me
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did have cherries, these are red currants.

      Delete
  5. What a darling visitor you have to appreciate your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is surprisingly tame. Last year one of his (or her) babies fell in the pool and I had to rescue it!

    ReplyDelete